TRUE NORTH SMALL GROUPS
SMALL GROUPS MEET WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS AT 6:30PM
1. Read Romans 15:1-2. What are some situations where it’s easy for you to prioritize what would “please” yourself rather than focusing on building up others for their good? Though that’s a pretty acceptable attitude in our culture, why is that completely out of step for a disciple of Christ?
2. Read I Corinthians 8:13. Why was Paul willing to sacrifice something in his life that he had the “liberty” to enjoy? What are some common areas where people are defensive rather than sacrificial when it comes to giving up some of their freedoms? How can you do a better job of being mindful of your brothers and sisters in Christ when it comes to “grey areas” (media, language, appearance, how you spend your time, etc.)?
3. Refer back to Romans 15:2. What is the difference between being a “people pleaser” and what Paul is commanding us to do in this verse? How are you doing when it comes to building up your friends in their faith (positive, indifferent, or negative influence)?
4. Read Romans 15:3. Take some time to thoughtfully reflect on this and not simply parrot back the right answer: How has Jesus modeled the ultimate of sacrificial love and how should that push you to love others better? Why is it so important for you to be reflecting on that often? How can you more intentionally & regularly reflect on what Jesus’ sacrificed for you?
5. Read Romans 15:5-6. What is the difference between unity and uniformity? How do you struggle with demanding that your preferences becomes the standard? Why does that kind of prideful attitude have potential to cause so much division?
6. Leader’s Choice of Question
TRUE NORTH UNITED
TRUE NORTH UNITEDS HAPPEN ON SOME WEDNESDAYS AT 6:30PM
Campus pizza lunches will be held on the school campuses the same days as our True North United events.