TRUE NORTH SMALL GROUPS
SMALL GROUPS MEET WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS AT 6:30PM
Our weekly small groups meet in 120 West at Compass Bible Church from 6:30-8:30pm. There will be dinner, worship, a quick sermon recap, and then students will break off with their small group leaders! Dinner will be served at 6:15pm.
This is the chance for students to discuss what they learned from the weekend sermon and to plan for how they can put it to practice in their day to day lives.
Small Groups are led by our highly committed small group leaders. They have been hand-picked by Pastor Rod and Evan to serve in this ministry and to disciple your students!
SMALL GROUP APPLICATION QUESTIONS
Getting To Know You Questions:
- What was the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
- Tell something that nobody in the group knows about you.
- What’s one of the worst pieces of advice you’ve ever been given?
- Read Psalm 119:97-104. Is the Psalmist’s love for God’s word something God gives us at salvation or something that we acquire after spending time in it? What are your Bible-reading/studying goals for this year?
- Read Jeremiah 7 and Isaiah 5:1-7. What does this passage teach you about God’s expectation for Israel, and what lessons can you take away for the Church (including yourself!) today?
- Read Acts 7:51-53. What IS conviction and what role does it serve as a Christian? What about a non-Christian? Is there any place in your life where you’re “resisting the Holy Spirit” and his work of conviction? What beliefs, fears, frustrations or ideas are keeping you from responding to his conviction? How would God want you address those issues?
- “Christianity seems to have a God who is egomaniacal” your friend says, “so why would you want to worship a being who seems so obsessed with himself? Wouldn’t a morally perfect God be content without your adoration and praise?” How would you answer him? Which passages of scripture do you think would be most helpful to explain?
- Read Mark 12:10-11. How should Christians respond to God’s unbeatable wisdom and supreme intelligence? How about non-Christians? (Cf. Psalm 2 for how non-Christians typically respond). How would you explain God’s sovereignty over all of human history (past, present, and future) while not changing God with sin?
TRUE NORTH UNITED
TRUE NORTH UNITED’S ARE OUR OUTREACH EVENTS TO THE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS OF ORANGE COUNTRY, HAPPENING ON CERTAIN WEDNESDAYS THROUGHOUT EACH SEMESTER, BEGINNING AT 6:30PM. OUR NEXT ONE IS MAY 22ND IN 120 WEST!
Campus pizza lunches will be held on the school campuses the same week as our True North United events.