TRUE NORTH SMALL GROUPS
SMALL GROUPS MEET WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS AT 6:30PM
Our weekly small groups meet in 120 West at Compass Bible Church from 6:30-8:30pm. There will be dinner, worship, a quick sermon recap, and then students will break off with their small group leaders! Dinner will be served at 6:15pm.
This is the chance for students to discuss what they learned from the weekend sermon and to plan for how they can put it to practice in their day to day lives.
Small Groups are led by our highly committed small group leaders. They have been hand-picked by Pastor Rod and Evan to serve in this ministry and to disciple your students!
SMALL GROUP APPLICATION QUESTIONS
Getting to Know You Questions:
- What is your opinion about the beach? Love it, Hate it, Meh about it?-Why?
- Was there a moment you thought you were 100% right on something and turned out you were 1,000% wrong? Please share!
- Are you going to the Prayer Night this Friday?
- Read Mark 6:1-3 & Philippians 2:5-8 Time to be real; what about: the bible, reading, prayer, small groups, or weekend services seem ‘boring’ to you?
- Read Mark 6:5-6 & Matthew 7:12-13 The truth of the bible is hard to accept and many will reject it. How do you struggle with the ‘Truth Claims’ of the Bible? What is hard for you to accept?
- Read Mark 5:25-34, Galatians 3:13, 2 Corinthains 5:21 Are you trying to ‘clean’ yourself up or allowing God to clean you up? Are you holding back from following Christ because you feel you’re ‘not perfect’ enough? If you are a Christian, are you going to God to fight sin or relying only on yourself (how is that going for you?)?
- Read Hebrews 12:1-2, Mark 6:7-9 A. Do you have an urgency to get the gospel out as quickly and as far out as possible? If yes, prove it. What is holding you back from evangelizing (things of this world & sin)? B. Are you actively reaching your campus? Are you a part of your campus club? If no, why not? Is that a valid reason?
- Read John 16:7-8, Mark 6:10-13, Mark 9:17-19 How do you struggle with the ‘successes’ and ‘failures’ of sharing your faith to others? Do you get ‘puffed up’? Do you feel like you cannot do anything right? How can you remember that God alone saves?
Missionaries To Pray For This Month!
We thank God for…
- Pastor Lucas Pace’s attendance at the graduation ceremony of 11 church members from the Partners Program on August 12.
- The evangelistic outreach of the Bible Conference led by Pastor Rod Gomez with the high school students held on August 3-6, ministering to the youth of Guatemala.
- The STM’s outreach to 130 students on August 6, that was filled with worship and fun activities.
- The celebration of the church’s third anniversary held on April 7-8.
- Pray for wisdom in deciding whether to move the church location in 2019.
- Pray for the spiritual development and commitment of a new group of members who started the Partners Program in 2018.
- Pray for the continued spiritual growth and development of our youth because of their Youth Retreat from Nov. 29-Dec. 1.
- Pray for the upcoming STMs, for the development of the teams and the planning process.
- Pray for a response of the community to the various evangelistic outreach programs as the biblical gospel is proclaimed.
TRUE NORTH UNITED
TRUE NORTH UNITED’S ARE OUR OUTREACH EVENTS TO THE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS OF ORANGE COUNTRY, HAPPENING ON CERTAIN WEDNESDAYS THROUGHOUT EACH SEMESTER, BEGINNING AT 6:30PM. OUR NEXT ONE IS MAY 22ND IN 120 WEST!
Campus pizza lunches will be held on the school campuses the same week as our True North United events.