TRUE NORTH SMALL GROUPS
SMALL GROUPS MEET WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS AT 6:30PM
Our weekly small groups usually meet in 120 West at Compass Bible Church from 6:30-8:30pm. We have dinner, worship, a quick sermon recap, and then students break off with their small group leaders! Dinner is served at 6:15pm. However, in light of COVID-19, our small groups are meeting virtually for the next several weeks.
This is the chance for students to discuss what they learned from the weekend sermon and to plan for how they can put it to practice in their day to day lives.
Small Groups are led by our highly committed small group leaders. They have been hand-picked by Pastor Rod and Evan to serve in this ministry and to disciple your students!
SMALL GROUP APPLICATION QUESTIONS
Getting to Know You Questions:
- What’s the best thing you’ve done this week? What do you most regret?
- What is one MUST SEE movie, tv-show, channel, or book that everyone in the small group should enjoy this week and WHY?
- Read Colossians 1. Yes, all of it. Now, TAN the chapter together.
- Read Colossians 1:15-20. How would you use this text to show that Jesus is God? Review the “New World Translations” of this same passage and make some observations about the differences you see, and why it’s wrong.
- Taking an honest look at your schedule, how do you feel about the way that you’re currently spending your time during the quarantine? Do you think that the way you’re spending your time reflects your commitment to Christ? If not, what will you change or improve?
- Read Colossians 1:15-18, Exodus 4:22-23, and Psalm 89:27. Discuss the way “firstborn” is being used in these passages and why it would be wrongheaded to think that “firstborn” means that Jesus was the literal first one created. (You can look up the “firstborn” status that belonged to Manasseh but was actually given to Ephraim in Genesis 48).
- Read Colossians 1:18-20. If church isn’t primarily about you, what does it look like to honestly evaluate a church?
- Don’t lick toilet seats. This week’s challenge: Memorize Colossians 1:15-20 together.
TRUE NORTH UNITED
TRUE NORTH UNITED’S ARE OUR OUTREACH EVENTS TO THE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS OF ORANGE COUNTRY, HAPPENING ON CERTAIN WEDNESDAYS THROUGHOUT EACH SEMESTER, BEGINNING AT 6:30PM.
Campus pizza lunches will be held on the school campuses the same week as our True North United events.