TRUE NORTH SMALL GROUPS
SMALL GROUPS MEET WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS AT 6:30PM
SMALL GROUP APPLICATION QUESTIONS
- What is your least favorite food? What’s your favorite?
- What are some of your pet peeves?
- Are you most tempted to complain about getting up early or going to bed late?
- Why is complaining so offensive to God? Read I Corinthians 10:6-13 and discuss the other sins that are listed alongside complaining. Discuss Paul’s proposed solution.
Martin Luther issued 95 “complaints” against the church. Was this a sin? What are the differences between good/appropriate complaints and sinful complaints?
How different would your life be if you NEVER complained? How might people think differently of you than they do now?
I can’t stress Paul’s alternative strongly enough (v.14)! How does “holding fast to the word of life” help to actively combat the sin of complaining? How would you rank yourself on a scale of 1-10 in your “concentration on the Bible?”
Do you sacrifice yourself for others very often? (Try to think of examples of when and how you do this) When you sacrifice for others, do you do it gladly? What is the value of glad-less sacrifice? What are the connections to complaining?
- Pray for missionaries of the month.
Missionaries To Pray For This Month!
We thank God for…
- Pastor Lucas Pace’s attendance at the graduation ceremony of 11 church members from the Partners Program on August 12.
- The evangelistic outreach of the Bible Conference led by Pastor Rod Gomez with the high school students held on August 3-6, ministering to the youth of Guatemala.
- The STM’s outreach to 130 students on August 6, that was filled with worship and fun activities.
- The celebration of the church’s third anniversary held on April 7-8.
- Pray for wisdom in deciding whether to move the church location in 2019.
- Pray for the spiritual development and commitment of a new group of members who started the Partners Program in 2018.
- Pray for the continued spiritual growth and development of our youth because of their Youth Retreat from Nov. 29-Dec. 1.
- Pray for the upcoming STMs, for the development of the teams and the planning process.
- Pray for a response of the community to the various evangelistic outreach programs as the biblical gospel is proclaimed.
TRUE NORTH UNITED
TRUE NORTH UNITED’S ARE OUR OUTREACH EVENTS TO THE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS OF ORANGE COUNTRY, HAPPENING ON CERTAIN WEDNESDAYS THROUGHOUT EACH SEMESTER, BEGINNING AT 6:30PM. OUR NEXT ONE IS MAY 22ND IN 120 WEST!
Campus pizza lunches will be held on the school campuses the same week as our True North United events.