TRUE NORTH SMALL GROUPS
SMALL GROUPS MEET WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS AT 6:30PM
Our weekly small groups meet in 120 West at Compass Bible Church from 6:30-8:30pm. There will be dinner, worship, a quick sermon recap, and then students will break off with their small group leaders! Dinner will be served at 6:15pm.
This is the chance for students to discuss what they learned from the weekend sermon and to plan for how they can put it to practice in their day to day lives.
Small Groups are led by our highly committed small group leaders. They have been hand-picked by Pastor Rod and Evan to serve in this ministry and to disciple your students!
SMALL GROUP APPLICATION QUESTIONS
Getting To Know You Questions:
- Describe a Christmas present you wanted badly as a kid, but never received.
- Who is the toughest person you have to buy for this Christmas?
- What’s the most memorable thing that’s happened to you since last Christmas?
- Read Isaiah 45:7, 46:10 and Romans 8:28. What do these verses teach about God’s management of creation?
- With the last question in mind, how would you Biblically respond to someone who says something like this?:
- If God is unable to prevent evil, then he is not all-powerful.
- If God is not willing to prevent evil, then he is not all-good.
- If God is both willing and able to prevent evil, then why does evil exist?”
- Read Isaiah 9:6-7. What qualities of Jesus’ rulership do you think is most at odds with today’s leaders, kings, or politicians? How should we react when global leaders act in ways that we despise?
- Read Numbers 23:19. What are some of the things that cause you to struggle to believe God’s word? How do you think God expects you to deal with your lack of trust?
- Have you ever been given a birthday present you didn’t want? Can you remember why you didn’t want it, or what about it you didn’t like? What if this happens with someone’s experience of the Gospel? If you or someone you know is apathetic to the Gospel, what can be done?
Missionaries To Pray For This Month!
We thank God for…
- Pastor Lucas Pace’s attendance at the graduation ceremony of 11 church members from the Partners Program on August 12.
- The evangelistic outreach of the Bible Conference led by Pastor Rod Gomez with the high school students held on August 3-6, ministering to the youth of Guatemala.
- The STM’s outreach to 130 students on August 6, that was filled with worship and fun activities.
- The celebration of the church’s third anniversary held on April 7-8.
- Pray for wisdom in deciding whether to move the church location in 2019.
- Pray for the spiritual development and commitment of a new group of members who started the Partners Program in 2018.
- Pray for the continued spiritual growth and development of our youth because of their Youth Retreat from Nov. 29-Dec. 1.
- Pray for the upcoming STMs, for the development of the teams and the planning process.
- Pray for a response of the community to the various evangelistic outreach programs as the biblical gospel is proclaimed.
TRUE NORTH UNITED
TRUE NORTH UNITED’S ARE OUR OUTREACH EVENTS TO THE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS OF ORANGE COUNTRY, HAPPENING ON CERTAIN WEDNESDAYS THROUGHOUT EACH SEMESTER, BEGINNING AT 6:30PM. OUR NEXT ONE IS MAY 22ND IN 120 WEST!
Campus pizza lunches will be held on the school campuses the same week as our True North United events.