TRUE NORTH SMALL GROUPS
SMALL GROUPS MEET WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS AT 6:30PM
SMALL GROUP APPLICATION QUESTIONS
Getting to Know You Questions:
- Leader question: What age were you when you had your first boyfriend/girlfriend? What did you do well? What didn’t you do well?
- What is the funniest (and punniest!) pick up line you know? (If you have CHRISTIAN pick up lines, bonus points)
- Do you like Rom-Coms? Why or why not? What’s your favorite?
- What are some of your favorite songs right now?
- What is the strangest family tradition you have?
1. Read Galatians 5:16-25. What does it mean to “walk by the Spirit” (v.16) and be “led by the Spirit”(v.18)? How does the Spirit help us to make decisions about who and how we date?
2. Read Prov. 4:1-27. What reasons (or benefits) does the author give for gaining wisdom? Describe what kind of attitude the author expects from the one who wants to get wisdom. What are some of the “wise activities” that he instructs his son to do? Why do you think he focuses on these things?
- Why does wisdom matter so much when it comes to dating and relating
3. Whether you are currently dating or not, brainstorm a practical game plan about how you would go about ensuring that your relationships don’t go “too fast, too soon”. Get creative and realistic!
4. Have someone recite Ephesians 6:1-4 (or read it if no one knows it). Your Christian friend finds himself/herself irresistibly attracted to a super godly guy/gal, but their parents don’t allow dating right now. How would you counsel your friend to proceed?
5. Pray for our missionaries of the month!
Missionaries To Pray For This Month!
The Center of Apologetics Research (CFAR)
Thank the Lord for…
- Jenedy Gondwe ang the launch of CFAR Southern Aftrica outreach base in Kitwe, Zambia.
- CFAR researcher Dima Rozet of the St. Petersburg team translating Mormonism 101 into Russian.
- Distribution of the Portuguese-language apologetics notebooks for the first time to hundreds of pastors in Beria and Maputo, Mozambique.
- Pray for Andras Szalai as he prepares to teach the InterVarsity Hungary staff on apologetics at their annual “Grund” national training conference.
- Pray for Paul Carden as he prepares to travel to Uganda and Zambia for team training and strategy meetings scheduled for Sept. 17-29.
- Pray for Pasha Stolyarov and his team as they prepare a new streaming-video teaching series on defending the faith.
- Pray for a new book, Testing Apostles and Prophets in Africa, being released later this year.
- Pray for campus outreaches to warn incoming freshman at the Ugandan universities about cult missionaries in their midst.
TRUE NORTH UNITED
TRUE NORTH UNITED HAPPENS ON SOME WEDNESDAYS AT 6:30PM. OUR NEXT ONE IS OCT. 10TH IN 120 WEST!
Campus pizza lunches will be held on the school campuses the same days as our True North United events.