TRUE NORTH SMALL GROUPS
SMALL GROUPS MEET WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS AT 6:30PM
Beach Nights take the place of our usual, midweek Small Groups during the Summer. We meet at Salt Creek Beach, near the picnic benches, from 6:30-9:00pm. (There will be EZ-ups and a large True North sign for your student to find us easily.) Dinner will be provided, and there will be some time of worship, a quick sermon recap, and then students will be broken into small groups. Please dress warmly as it get chilly once the sun sets. The dates we will meet at Salt Creek are below, see you there!
- June 19th
- June 26th
- July 3rd
- July 10th
- July 24th
- July 31st
- August 7th
Our weekly small groups will pick back up in the Fall. We will meet in 120 West at Compass Bible Church from 6:30-8:30pm. There will be dinner, worship, a quick sermon recap, and then students will break off with their small group leaders!
SMALL GROUP APPLICATION QUESTIONS
Getting to Know You Questions:
- Introduce yourselves! Name, school, grade in the Fall, and favorite things to do during the Summer.
- Would you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?
- What’s been your favorite event at Compass so far and why?
- Read Psalm 1. Last week we learned that the truly happy and prosperous life is the one rooted in God’s word. How is your relationship with the Bible and how would you like to improve it this summer? Follow up: Do you believe that supreme happiness is found in following God? Explain and defend your answer.
- Read Psalm 13. What are three things that stand out to you in this prayer? What does this psalm teach us? What are some immediate applications you can see for your own life personally?
- Read Psalm 13 (yes, again). Has there ever been a time in your life when you felt like God abandoned you? How did you handle it? Was that way of handling it helpful, harmful, or something in between? Why is it so hard to bring our hurts to God when it feels like he’s abandoned us, and yet, why is it so necessary that we do?
- Read Psalm 13 (yes, again). Talk about the role prayer plays in your life currently. Have you ever had a really good prayer life? Have you seen God answer big prayers in your life? How could a robust prayer life enable you to endure trials?
- Pray for our Missionaries of the Month!
Missionaries To Pray For This Month!
We thank God for…
- Pastor Lucas Pace’s attendance at the graduation ceremony of 11 church members from the Partners Program on August 12.
- The evangelistic outreach of the Bible Conference led by Pastor Rod Gomez with the high school students held on August 3-6, ministering to the youth of Guatemala.
- The STM’s outreach to 130 students on August 6, that was filled with worship and fun activities.
- The celebration of the church’s third anniversary held on April 7-8.
- Pray for wisdom in deciding whether to move the church location in 2019.
- Pray for the spiritual development and commitment of a new group of members who started the Partners Program in 2018.
- Pray for the continued spiritual growth and development of our youth because of their Youth Retreat from Nov. 29-Dec. 1.
- Pray for the upcoming STMs, for the development of the teams and the planning process.
- Pray for a response of the community to the various evangelistic outreach programs as the biblical gospel is proclaimed.
TRUE NORTH UNITED
TRUE NORTH UNITED’S ARE OUR OUTREACH EVENTS TO THE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS OF ORANGE COUNTRY, HAPPENING ON CERTAIN WEDNESDAYS THROUGHOUT EACH SEMESTER, BEGINNING AT 6:30PM. OUR NEXT ONE IS MAY 22ND IN 120 WEST!
Campus pizza lunches will be held on the school campuses the same week as our True North United events.