SMALL GROUPS MEET WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS WITH DINNER & TEACHING AT 6PM
Small Group Application Questions
August 4, 2021
1. Read Psalm 73. Like the songwriter, we can be led to believe a false story about reality. What tools did Asaph the songwriter use to see the truth about his situation and how can you adapt those same tools in your experience of anxiety?
2. Read Philippians 4:4-7. What are some of the many things God is developing in you when you experience anxiety? Be specific. How can knowing, believing, and acting upon these things help you endure anxiety?
3. Read Habakkuk 3:17-19. While there is a place for “defense” in combating anxiety, the one who is trusting in Jesus also has a strong offense. Recalling point 2, build upon these offensive strategies and consider even more ways to respond to anxiety in your specific circumstances.
4. Read Isaiah 40:28-31 and Matthew 11:28-30. How do you “wait” on the Lord and “rest” in the Lord? Does waiting and resting mean the absence of activity, and how do you know? How does waiting and resting contribute to your ability to manage anxiety?
5. Read Matthew 6:25-34. What does verse 33 mean and how do you do it? What exactly is Jesus promising?
6. This week’s memory verse is Philippians 4:13. But before you begin memorizing, be sure you know the context. Read verses 11-13. What does verse 13 mean and how can you use this passage when putting anxiety to death?
Discussion questions, meeting details and more!
More info coming!
Check out photos from all our events!