THE EDGE 5TH & 6TH GRADE
The Edge Youth Group Goal: To make friends, have fun and grow deeper in understanding God and his Son, Jesus Christ, through learning and applying the Bible.
THE EDGE THEME BIBLE VERSE
“For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.” ESV Hebrews 4:12-13
The Edge Youth Group is for 5th & 6th grade students
We have lots of FUN planned for the upcoming year! We’ll start with a summer of fun activities, so check out the Summer on the EDGE calendar. We will kick off the year with our annual BASH on September 13th and then will have our regular Friday meetings there after. Friday dates will be posted soon.
The EDGE meets from 6pm – 8:30pm on Friday nights during the school year.
Dinner starts at 6pm, then we have a large group game, worship through music with The EDGE Band, hear a biblical message and then spend time in small group discussions.
THIS YEAR IN THE EDGE
- 1/10 – EDGE Friday – Small Group Hangouts
- 1/24 – EDGE Friday – Nicodemus and the “New Birth”
- 2/7 – EDGE Friday – Q & A with Pastor Mike
- 2/21 – EDGE Friday – The Good Samaritan
- 3/6-8 – EDGE Winter Camp
- 3/20 – EDGE Friday – EDGE Winter Camp Recap
- 4/3 – EDGE Friday – Jesus and Zaccheus
- 4/17 – EDGE Friday – Small Group Hangouts
- 5/1 – EDGE Friday – The Miracle of Forgiveness
- 5/15 – EDGE Friday – The Father of Two Lost Sons
- 5/29 – EDGE Splash!
We will also be reading through the New Testament portion of the Compass Daily Bible Reading (DBR). To download the latest DBR schedule with application questions. If you would like a hard copy of this DBR program, let Janie Pence know – [email protected] or pick one up on Fridays at the EDGE.
Friday Night Teaching Details for 2019-2020 will be coming soon!